I am sure it can be frustrating when you try hard to melt that belly fat, and it is not going away.
There can be a few reasons why. You need to understand them to face the problem and solve it for good.
In this post, I am going to present to you the most common reasons why people gain belly fat and possible solutions that may help you lose it.
BELLY FAT REASONS
There can be many causes for fat accumulating around your waist. Assess honestly and answer the following questions.
- Do you move enough? People living in busy cities don’t even walk as much as 1 km a day. Believe me. One of my clients used to be one of them.
- Do you overeat? Overconsumption and not enough activity are the most common factors that will keep you stuck with fat loss.
- Do you eat enough protein? When exercise, your body needs protein to recover your muscle cells. If your daily protein intake is lesser than it should be, one will happen. You won’t only not improve your lean body mass but also store fat as an additional source of energy for recovery processes.
- Are you stressed? Medical study shows that circulating cortisol and psychosocial stress may contribute to the pathogenesis of obesity and metabolic syndrome. (1)
- Do you sleep enough? Sleep deprivation links with obesity. When we don’t get enough sleep, we tend to store energy as fat. Therefore it might be not possible to lose that belly if your rest is limited. (2)
- Are your hormones balanced? When hormones are not in balance body can not maintain homeostasis, which affects nervous, digestion, cardiovascular, lymphatic, and muscular system.
BE AWARE THAT
Mostly overnutrition and a sedentary lifestyle influences factors listed above.
The compounding of these triggers leads finally to developing a Metabolic Syndrome.
Research shows that MS is associated with the risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes, as well as other harmful conditions such as nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. (3)
BELLY FAT SOLUTIONS THAT YOU BETTER AVOID
I noticed that people often search for keywords like:
- belly fat diet
- workout to reduce belly fat
- belly fat exercises
There are plenty of diet trends on the internet so that you might find even one for belly fat.
Don’t be foolish. Nothing like that exists. The same applies to exercise.
NO EXERCISE BURNS FAT LOCALLY
All core exercises will help you strengthen your abdominal muscles, but no even an inch will go away off your waist if you overeat.
BELLY FAT REMEDIES THAT WORK
The only solution to change your body which I know is ” daily routine”.
Once you work to improve your daily routine, everything else will follow.
A daily routine is a way how you run your day. It’s what you eat, how you move, and how you rest.
” Food is your body’s fuel. Without fuel, your body wants to shut down.”
Your diet is the foundation of your daily routine. Therefore planning your meals is mandatory.
In this post, you’ll find tips on how to plan your diet,
The activity has a crucial impact on your BMR. The more you move, the more calories your body requires to function.
The activity is on only an intentional training session which is a must but it’s also about (NEAT).
Non-exercise activity thermogenesis it’s the energy expended for everything we do during a day.
Eating, exercising, walking to work, typing, or performing yard work.
Study shows that even trivial physical activities increase metabolic rate substantially. (4)
To raise your daily NEAT, you may consider:
- walking more during a day
- cycling instead of riding a bike
- taking steps instead of a lift
- doing work on your own at your garden
- walking meetings
- walking your dog
- cycling while watching news or games
Proper nutrition, activity, and recovery are together a part of a foundation for a healthier lifestyle.
Think about your body holistically as a machine in which parts work together in perfect synchronization.
SLEEP DURATION AND QUALITY
Generally, it’s recommended to sleep at least 7 hours each night to promote optimal health and wellbeing.
Study shows that sleeping less than 7 hours per night is associated with obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, stroke, and frequent mental distress. (5)
Another interesting fact. Study on children shows that children with shorter sleep durations have shorter telomeres than children with longer sleep durations.(6)
Telomeres protect our chromosomes, like the plastic tips at the end of shoelaces. More about them you can read here. By clicking this link, you’ll go to the website of T.A. Sciences ®. The company is a world leader in the field of Telomere Biology.
Finally, one study done by Korean students shows that sleep deprivation was associated with less frequent muscle-strengthening exercises, which was less than three times per week. (7)
I don’t mean drinking tequila while watching TV but massage.
Massage therapy can significantly influence your wellbeing. The list of benefits is long and here are a few crucial:
- reduction of cortisol
- increase of dopamine
- boost of serotonin
- reduced muscle tension
- pain relief
- reduce of inflammation
Apart from massage therapy, other solutions can speed up your recovery process:
- cold showers
- ice baths
- steam and sauna
All of the mentioned above solutions when mixed can create a strong arsenal that will prevent you from overexertion and therefore stand as a guard to your mental and physical wellness.
WRAPPING IT UP
Belly fat is caused usually by a combination of harmful factors.
The only way to say goodbye to belly fat forever is by changing your daily routine for good.
Activity, nutrition, and recovery are equally important, and none of them should you ignore.
If you liked this post feel free to share it with someone who may benefit from reading it.
Also If you enjoy content on this blog and want to see more posts like this one, join other fitness enthusiasts and sign up for my newsletter.